Our Formally Informal Easter

April 9, 2012

We had a lovely Easter.

My Husband's parents are out of town so they were not around to host this year's Easter.  Sad. We decided to offer up our humble abode to a few family and friends.

It was wonderful.

I had so much fun preparing the Easter favors and setting up our simple {but fun} Easter table.

We are pretty casual at our house, but we love hosting gatherings and I wanted this one to have a smidge of formality to it.  

I wanted us all to be able to sit at the table instead of spread throughout the house.  We don't have the room at our dining table for everyone so I improvised.




We have a folding buffet style table that I lugged up the stairs for our version of a formal Easter dinner.

How do you make a folding, plastic table look like a dining table?  You cover it up.

I don't have any rectangular table cloths since our dining table is round so I cut a strip of painter's paper and secured it to the table using tape.  I adorned the table with the adorable Easter favors I made and added a few crystal votive holders filled with an assortment of crayons {the grown ups were very excited to color on the table}.  To give it the final grown up twist I added each guest's wine glass.

Beautiful.


It was great that the favors were able to pull double duty as the centerpiece as well.

I made these potted beauties with dollar store buckets, potting soil, tiny strawberry starters, tasty chocolate mint plants and a glittery easter egg stake from the dollar store.


I wonder if the strawberries will have a hint of chocolatey mint freshness?

The lovely white backdrop brought to you by my trusty assistant, Maia.


I hope you had a fabulous holiday weekend!



Linking up to these fabulous parties:

2 comments:

Simply Tasheena said...

Love the centerpieces! It would be nice if the came out with a minty taste :). I would love for you to stop by and link up at my linky party via: http://ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com/2012/04/show-me-what-you-got-linky-party-9.html



Mrs. Delightful
www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

Pretty! You'll be able to use those pots for so many other gathers, too. Thanks so much for sharing at The Mother Lode linky party over at I Gotta Create!
<3 Christina
http://igottacreate.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...